Friday, June 30, 2006

Wow, it's been awhile...


Well, a lot has happened in the last two weeks. My roommate moved out so I'm in the process of reorganizing my office and reclaiming my writing space. I wrote up a letter for a marketing campaign for our business and the return already has been 15% so we've been busy busy busy and we expect to get even busier with the start of the new quarter. Friends have gone out of town and have asked me to house sit (or more preciously kitty-sit) but the first full day they were gone I was hit with another bout of food poisoning. "But I'm feeling muuuuuch better now." (Tell me where I reference that from and you win todays grand prize.)          
So I'm settling in to the big house with the big tv that's calling my name, with the exercise equipment that's appealing, a dsl high speed connection that's addictive and all the other distractions and I keep reminding myself I have a screenplay to write. But tonight I have a date. First one in awhile and the first one I'm meeting from craigslist. Wish me luck.          
I've finally decided how to go about introducing the romantic interest in the first third of the screenplay. Originally he didn't have a very big part at all until about half way through but it's better that it be a little more established by that point. Of course Mattie is fit to be tied. He didn't necessarily profess his profound love for her while he was drunk, just the next morning after he had passed out. While he was drunk though, he did make an ass of himself and totally disrespected her. But now they're suspicious of each other. He's not sure that she's an assassin but assumes that she is. He's a cop who may not have total loyalty to his family at heart. His father, who is Mattie's contact, doesn't trust him and Mattie is beginning to understand why. Fun. Fun. Fun.          
It's a holiday week and business will be slow for a couple of days, so I plan to roll out several more scenes before my friends return from vacation. I'm shooting for completion but we'll see. Gotta go get ready for my date.          
TTFN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment