Monday, July 17, 2006

Writers Block


So I've given my screenplay thus far to a few friends who have read it, made a few comments and gave it an overall good review but now I'm paralyzed with writer's block. I've never had that happen before. I've always been eager to get comments on my work so I'm beside myself. I spent two weeks house sitting and didn't get a lick of work done. I'm home now and actually opened the file but closed it immediately. Guess I have some issues to work out before I can tackle it again. Maybe I'll go back to the interview process and chat it up with my character.           
Other news on the writing home front: I've designed several writing classes, workshops and retreats. Now I just have to find a venue, market each of them and get a backbone to actually teach them. I'm also designing an ebook from one of the classes.          
On the home front, a very dear friend has invited me to spend a week in Vegas with him (he lives there) and I've accepted his offer. I'll be spending a week there next month. I know, no one goes to Vegas in the heat of August but who goes to Vegas and spends it outdoors? I'll be hopping from one air conditioned atmosphere to another. 21 anyone? (It'll be my first chance to gamble. Any hints for a first timer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment