Monday, June 19, 2006

Just a little chatter...


Well, I decided that I'm going to get out there and meet people. I posted a personal ad on craigslist.com and got a myspace.com listing http://www.myspace.com/jazzyjynxWithin two hours I had 10 emails (two of which were jerks). Just 16 hours later, I've received over 30 emails and I'm chatting up a storm. I just emailed a guy from NY who is relocating here. I figured he could use a friend to show him around when he gets here. Don't worry mom, I'm being careful.          
But doing the work I do, I don't get to meet very many people. When I worked in retail, I used to meet a lot of people. I was able to get over being shy whenever there was a counter between me and the customer. I'm not as shy as I used to be but I'm still nervous about talking to people, everyone wonders what it is you want from them. Here in Atlanta, a lot of people are suspicious. Are they like that everywhere? I think I just need to move out to the country.          
Working in retail, I've realized, I had a lot of guys flirting with me all the time. It's been years since I had that kind of attention, kind of deflates a girls ego a bit, but getting 34 emails in one day has really put a little bounce in my step. Now all I have to do is limit the addictive on-line behavior and encourage the writing o' the screenplay. It's a lonely job but someone's got to do it.          
So how was Father's Day for everyone. Happy Wishes go out to all you fathers out there and especially to my step-father who gave me (and my brother) a wonderful compliment this morning and to my brother whose helping to raise his fiancĂ©es daughter. And to my Dad, where ever he is, Happy Daddy's Day, love you and miss you.          
XOXOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment